For the past 35 years, Energy Ventures Analysis has provided its clients a wide range of environmental consulting services. These services include:
- Evaluation of future environmental policies
- Environmental compliance strategy planning and development
- Environmental control technology market studies
- Emission allowance forecasts
- Greenhouse gas emission offset supply, demand, and price assessment
- Economic and employment impacts of environmental policies
- Public utility commission audits
- Expert testimony
Our clients include:
- Power suppliers
- Fossil fuel companies
- Major industrial companies
- Transportation carriers
- Governmental regulators
- Technology vendors
- Material suppliers
- Financial firms
- Industrial research groups
- Federal/state/local governments
- Industrial trade organizations
EVA’s environmental compliance modeling is strongly interconnected with its state-of-the-art hourly dispatch model, representing the entire North American power market, making it superior to other environmental compliance modeling available in the marketplace. A detailed overview of EVA’s environmental compliance modeling and its interdependence with EVA’s AURORAxmp model is shown below.
For a more detailed overview of our environmental compliance modeling suite, please click here.
Consulting Area: Airexpand
EVA has always been on the forefront of evaluating major environmental air regulations including the Title IV acid rain program, tall stacks regulation, ozone transport rule, clean air interstate rule, clean mercury rule, cross state air pollution rule, state regional haze SIP plans, mercury and air toxics standard, and the Clean Power Plan. Our bottoms up approach for developing low cost compliance strategies on a detailed unit by unit basis has allowed the results to be aggregated on a company, state and compliance technology specific basis to meet our clients’ unique needs.
US air regulations created emission allowance trading markets that have provided affected sources an important opportunity to optimize across multiple sources. To evaluate these markets EVA has assembled detailed industry databases of stationary source emissions and controls (existing, planned, projected) and compliance models to calculate the lowest cost strategies and long term allowance trading values for the major markets (CO2 (RGGI, CA-Quebec, US state/national, offsets) SO2, NOx (ozone season, annual), and new source offsets.
Finally, EVA has a long history in air pollution controls. EVA was an early contractor for EPRI in evaluating new air pollution control technologies and their competitiveness versus conventional control alternatives. EVA has been involved in the development of new innovative pre-combustion multi-pollutant control alternative that has the performance of conventional post-combustion control approaches with a fraction of the capital cost but with similar performance.
Consulting Area: Waterexpand
EVA has developed, designed and permitted innovative alternative wastewater control technologies for West Monroe Louisiana that by controlling the discharge loading was able to meet strict standards without use of expensive advanced wastewater treatment options. EVA staff conducted the early compliance analyses for EPA that identified reasons for major source non-compliance with their NPDES permits and potential approaches (capital and operating) to bring them back into compliance.
EVA is ready to provide technical support and analyses to develop technology solutions to emerging water supply problems. Drinking water treatment will likely to become increasingly complex with the unattended byproducts of chlorination of some waters. Just as in air, we anticipate that the tightening of drinking water standards will give rise to the need for innovative new treatment technology options. With the population growth, EVA expects that industry will need to find ways to lower consumption through greater water reuse and alternatives to water cooling.
Consulting Area: Solid Wasteexpand
For the state of Louisiana, EVA examined and characterized the industrial hazardous waste streams and disposal options. For several clients, EVA has applied its ash handling database to complete a comprehensive evaluation of the coal combustion residual rule on the power industry. For several proposed wind projects, EVA developed decommissioning cost studies for disassembling and disposing of large wind projects after they are taken offline. These studies also incorporated the scrap market value for the steel and copper that could be recycled.
Over the last year alone, Energy Ventures Analysis has worked with clients involved in virtually every aspect of the U.S. energy sector on environmental consulting projects. Past clients include electric utilities, power market traders, environmental control manufacturers, investors, hedge funds, fuel transporters, trade associations, and others.
Read what some of our past clients had to say about EVA’s environmental consulting services:
- “As a former utility Emissions Trading Manager, Trade Association Chair and Consultant, I have found Energy Ventures to be both highly knowledgeable in understanding the complex details of EPA regulations and also very open to proposing unique modeling scenarios for their clients to attain regulatory compliance. They have a long history in these matters dating back to the 1990 Amendments to the Clean Air Act. I have found that EVA staff openly listens to their clients and customizes their studies in lieu of simply a macro one size fits all study.” – Gary R. Hart, President – Clean Air Markets LLC
- “As the only national trade organization that represents the interests of mining in Washington, D.C. we depend upon comprehensive independent assessments of the cost and impact of pending governmental regulation or legislation. Energy Ventures Analysis has consistently met our needs with quick, detailed, and high quality policy analysis. They are able to distill the impacts and identify the major factors that influence the results , all needed to better educate decision makers. For example, our Economic Impact Analysis of EPA’s final Clean Power Plan, performed by EVA, has been an exceptional tool to inform state and federal legislators on future economic impacts of this rule to their constituents.” – Bruce Watzman, National Mining Association
For more information, please contact us at [email protected].
You can also follow us on Twitter at @eva_enviro!