EVA uses efficient processes, systems and technologies to collect and transform raw data from the electricty market into essential information to support our customer’s decision making processes. EVA’s electric market services and analyses cover a wide range of topics, including:
- Analysis and forecasting of the electric supply, demand and prices
- Electric demand modeling based on economic parameters such as GDP, inflation, RCAF, labor, industrial production, and other factors.
- Development of models that analyze the generating capacity, output, delivered fuel cost, variable generation cost, and marginal generation cost for every power plant in the United States
- Forecasting of load duration and price duration curves for wholesale electricity markets
- Specialized retail electricity market analysis and price forecasts
- Impact of changes in generation technologies and economics
- Impact of environmental regulations
- Tracking of new power plants by stage of development and likelihood of completion
- Electric reserve margins.
Examples of Consulting Projects
- Regulated utility services on behalf of regulators, utilities and third party interventions. EVA has been involved in rate hearings before FERC and state commissions in Arizona, California, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Maryland, New Jersey, Ohio, Texas, Utah, Wisconsin, and Wyoming, as well as, for before agencies such as the Senate Public Works Committee, Bonneville Power Administration, and the Governors of Washington and Oregon
- Strategic planning for existing and new power industry participants, generation technology evaluations covering mature and emerging technologies involving greenfield and repowering applications
- Assistance with purchased power negotiation and contracting