EVA’s coal market services and analyses cover a wide range of topics, including:
- Supply and demand for all major coal types of the United States, including utility, industrial, metallurgical and export markets
- Evaluation of market trends and changes for coal production, including mining costs, productivity, and labor costs
- Regional coal availability by quality
- Evaluation of utility markets and demand studies, both short- and long-term
- Forecasts of future supply, demand and prices of coal by quality, region, and transportation access
- Delivered fuel forecasts to individual power plants, or to regional electric power markets.
Examples of Consulting Projects
- Evaluation of market proposals of prospective coal acquisitions, including operating mines and undeveloped reserves
- Coal procurement work including development of a procurement strategy, bid preparation and solicitation, contract negotiation, selecting escalators, etc.
- Valuation of coal companies and reserves
- Financial analyses of investments in new mines, alternative mine plans, special projects, contract renegotiation alternatives, new technology, etc.
- Strategic planning for both suppliers and consumers
- Acquisitions and divestiture analysis;
- Competitor analyses: capacity, productivity, production costs, reserves, etc.
- Coal turnaround management and/or liquidations, including assuming coal company CEO and administrative responsibility
- Acid rain studies involving evaluating the impact on coal demand, transportation, supply, price, and utility compliance strategies